CARE AND MAINTENANCE
These are PFDs which use closed cell plastics as a source of Bouyancy. These types of PFDs generally require very little maintenance.
The life of the PFD will be prolonged if routine maintenance is carried out as follows:
- Wash in warm soapy water after use.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Store in dry ventilated position away from direct sunlight and harmful chemicals.
- Check PFD regularly to ensure it is in good working condition.
Caution: sunshine, chlorine and weathering may cause colours to fade and/or bleed onto other surfaces.
- Fabric fading can indicate loss of strength.
- A weathered pfd could tear easily, resulting in a loss of flotation material.
- If faded, check strength or discontinue use.
Never try to repair your PFD yourself